Tuesday, January 5, 2010

David Carroll Morgan

On Saturday, December 19, 2009
David Carroll Morgan passed away in Comanche, Oklahoma. His funeral was held at 2:00 p.m. on Tuesday, December 22, 2009 at Patterson Avenue Baptist Church, Comanche Oklahoma. Services under the direction of Comanche Funeral Home. Brother Trent Young Officiating. He was buried at Fairlawn Cemetery, just North of Comanche. David's wife Elizabeth was there and I was not able to chat with her. His son John Morgan and John's wife Krista were there. They are from Sterling, Oklahoma. There was also four grandchildren present-Brennan and Hudson Morgan of Sterling, OK and Kyra Allen of Dallas, TX and Amber Benson also of Dallas, TX.
David ties into the Sharp-Poole connection through his mother Eva Sharp Morgan. My grandpa Verb Sharp was David's mother's brother, or David's Uncle Verb. Then it goes back through Verb and Ev's mother Mary Verna Lee (Vernie) Poole. I had planned to go and visit with David so many times. He kept inviting me to come and look at old pictures with him. I waited too long. David was a born again believer. He had a huge funeral. Many many people that I did not know. They took turns talking about how much fun he was and how he loved to sing and how he had all the pages of the hymn book memorized. He LOVED sports. He followed the teams of Comanche and Sterling with amazing dedication. I guess he NEVER missed a game. I remember hearing years ago that David had a daughter who was murdered in Comanche and the crime was never solved. I kind of think that HER name was Elizabeth. David is buried next to her. He reminded me so much of his Uncle Bawley...(Oscar Vansler Sharp). He looked just like him and had his full of fun personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment