Saturday, July 18, 2009

GRANDMA NANCY TAYLOR SHARP MEMORIES

Grandma.....
She personified everything that a child should have in a Grandmother. Her fried chicken was just mouthwatering. And how on earth did she feed so many people with one chicken. I never learned to cut up a whole chicken myself but Grandma could have that bird out of the wrapper and in the big giant black skillet in five minutes. One time someone brought her a LIVE turkey. They lived in town when this happened. On Antelope Street in Woodlake. I think it was 362 Antelope Street. She was going to kill it and cook it for Sunday dinner. It was full grown. She got two pieces of wood and got that turkeys head in between. She kept saying how badly she needed a good sharp AXE but they no longer owned one. She chopped that turkeys head off with a sharp knife and blood started going everywhere. She jumped back and the crazy bird ran all over the back yard and into the alley. It flopped and flapped its wings. NO HEAD mind you. Blood was just everywhere. She told me to just keep and eye on it while she checked her boiling water and I ran around flapping my own wings so excited about this masacre. When it settled down she dumped it into the boiling water and boy did it stink. She eventually made one of her amazing meals, which I shall talk about in another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment