Wednesday, July 15, 2009

It took me a long time to locate Tyford Pool in the 1910 Federal Census. I knew that they were in Oklahoma. I am still not sure where Quartz, Greer County, Oklahoma is in relation to LaFlore County where so much of the family were settled. I am going to use the exact spelling that the Census taker used because it amuses me to THINK what their Southern accents sounded like to this person. He spells it Teford Paal. So you just have to use your imagination with the spelling PAAL. Makes you SMILE also, I bet! Tyford states that he was born about 1873 and he is 37 years old. Mollie is 35. The children listed are: Emmitt G, age 14, Roy G, age 12, Osa, age 11,
Chester age 9, Clarence A, age 7, Bertie L, age 4, Bertha M, age 2 and Bailey F, age 1.
If not for "soundex" I would have never found Tyford Pool listed as Teford L Paal.
The picture just below is taken just around this time I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment