Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Moses Greenworth Poole and Missouri E. Eddy are my great great grandparents. He went by, 'Green" or "MG". I doubt if many people even knew his first name was Moses. Missouri is a mystery and I hope that someone who knows more about her will come along. I have heard that her middle name was Elvira but have never seen that documented anywhere. I have also seen her middle name as Hall. I hope someone may know where the name Hall comes from? I have ALWAYS heard that she was full blood Choctaw but have never found her on the rolls. I believe that she is buried in Comanche, Oklahoma but without a marker. I plan to make a trip to that cemetery soon and see what I can find and photograph. I assume that MG is also buried there. After Missouri died he married Amanda. I am not sure of her maiden name. Is it Boatman? Boatwright? I think that she was about twenty years younger than him. They had a son together and his name was Allen.

2 comments:

  1. I suspect the HALL was Missouri's family name and the EDDY was from a previous marriage... I don't really know that for a fact. M.G.'s 2nd wife, Amanda, had also been previously married and I recall that her son Allen, was from that marriage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheena - so many possibilites, but family search has several hits for Missouri Elvina Eddy, Missouri Hall, and Missouri Boatman, so you should check or re-check since you have the dates and places to verify which may be her.

    ReplyDelete